Post Comment
  • Mickeylfowler Dating Profile
    Mickeylfowler OP 1 Post Concord, North Carolina, USA
    Feb 10, 2023 6:07 PM UTC
    Yes in the world we live in its hard to deal with what we see
  • JustAMan Dating Profile
    JustAMan 1 Post Opp, Alabama, USA
    May 15, 2024 12:36 PM UTC
    [quote]J]oshua 24:15 KJV And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

The Bible presents the strictest of religions in that it requires absolute sinless perfection to be saved. Unlike other religions that leave you hanging, unsure, as to whether you are good enough, the Bible tells us flat out, we are not. We can stand securely and confidently on this solid ground, the knowledge that we are not good enough, cannot save ourselves, next to God “we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags.” With this knowledge, we can do what no other religion affords. It gives us the ability to see within its pages that the God of the Bible, the God of creation, the God of justice, judgment, and loving-kindness, has freely provided absolute sinless perfection for us: on the one condition that we believe him.

There are only two religions in the world; the one or the other, the wrong or the right. They are quite easy to tell apart. The one is based on man’s works; the other is not of man’s works. The one says to rely on yourself, find yourself, heal yourself, clean yourself. The other says you are lost, incurable, filthy. The one says you have time; it will all work out in the end. The other says today, now. The one is a struggle, a constant effort; the other is a gift bringing peace, the product of grace and mercy. One will make a few allowances, nobody is perfect; the other demands the sinless perfection you can never provide and--provides it for you.

The one or the other, the wrong or the right one; how to choose? The easy answer to that question is to look in a mirror.

Quote:
    Proverbs 20:9 KJV Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

It is your decision, your choice. Are you righteous, holy, clean, pure? Contemplate just your thoughts over the last week. If you are able to make yourself pure, choose the one; if you are not able to wash yourself clean and pure of your sins, choose the other.

Quote:
    Romans 6:23 KJV[/i ]For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

“By grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, not of works” is a singular, unique religion separate from all the religions of the world. This is where the contention arises. All the religions of the world can come together without condemning each other, as they are all the same religion; that of man’s own efforts. They can all come together to worship the God Father. On the other hand, you have a religion that condemns all the rest--by grace through faith alone without works and worships God, the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.

By grace through faith is not the only thing unique about the other religion. Its God is also unique among the gods, one true living God, ever-existing, knowable, and wanting to be known, gracious, and merciful. There is also one unique book that leads us in the way of all truth. The Bible is unique among all the world’s religious writings. There is also one unique Bible among all the contenders for the title of God’s word-the Authorized Version of 1611 (KJV). One point to remember is that no one will say they are holding in their hands the inerrant persevered word of God unless they hold an Authorized Version of 1611.

[quote]1 Corinthians 8:5-6 KJV For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Quote:
    1 Timothy 2:5-6 KJV For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Quote:
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Post Comment
Thread Statistics
1 Comments
Created: Feb 10, 2023 6:07 PM UTC
Last Viewed: 1 sec
Last Comment: May 15, 2024 12:36 PM UTC
Share This Thread
Forum Search